[pmwiki-users] back to an old story : conditional for attachments (fwd)

Alain Castera castera at in2p3.fr
Thu Mar 27 10:57:39 CDT 2008

Hello evrybody.

I'm new to the list, so let me apologize if I come back to an already closed
issue ( I tried navigating the archives, but without a good searching
mechanism, that's quite hard ! ;-)

One year ago, there seemed to be a thread on "conditional for
attachments". But I was unable to find a conclusive message, except of
letting the "attach" markup do the job.

But I need(!) a pure attachment existence test, really !

I am setting up a collaborative site, where document sharing is a fundamental
issue (using intensively zap and a drastically modified JITS, but that's
another story ;-)

The present architecture is based on Groups. Thus, a reference document is
made available site-wide (attach to some kind of "parent" group), but each
group (project) can provide a declination on its own.

So I need a way to test the existence of a given attachment at the group level,
before offering the site-wide attachment.

Do somebody knows how to do it - apart from creating my own conditional ;-) ) ?

Thank's

  *        Alain Castera                                            *
  * IPNL - UCB Lyon 1             | e-mail : alain.castera at in2p3.fr *
  * Bat. Paul Dirac               |   	or        castera at in2p3.fr *
  * Campus de la Doua             | Telephone :     (+33) 472448429 *
  * F69622 Villeurbanne CEDEX     | Fax :           (+33) 472448004 *