[pmwiki-users] Xhtml 1.0 Strict

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 27 09:54:32 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:10:01PM +0200, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> I see that current pmwiki outputs XHTML 1.0 Transitional pages.
> Would it be an attainable goal to have XHTML 1.0 Strict code?

While it would certainly be attainable, I'm not sure it would
be a desirable goal in the general case.  :-)

At any rate, the level of XHTML compatibility depends almost
entirely on the skin.  Even though PmWiki's default skin
lists XHTML 1.0 Transitional, in reality the markup engine
aims to always output XHTML 1.0 Strict, so a skin that
specifies XHTML 1.0 Strict should be okay (as long as the skin
itself conforms, and any embedded markup extensions also conform).

If there are any PmWiki markups that aren't XHTML 1.0 Strict
compatible, let me know and I'll see what can be done.