[pmwiki-users] changing groups?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Jun 25 03:47:30 CDT 2008

> Another option is the WikiSh script I have in
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiShExamples#RenamePage to rename
> pages, but it is unnecessarily complicated in its current state (it can
> probably be cut down to 30% of it's current length).  If you're likely to
> use it let me know off-list and I'll re-code it using the new session
> capabilities in WikiSh and put it back up there...

I've updated the [[Cookbook/WikiShExamples#RenamePage]] and added a
new [[Cookbook/WikiShExamples#RenameGroup]] example as well.  Both of
these will do the rename of the pages as well as updating all links to
the pages being renamed.  I do not currently deal with unqualified
links on the pages being renamed - this may be a later addition if
it's a desired feature.  (Obviously if you are renaming an entire
group then unqualified groups are a non-issue - it's only if you are
changing a page (or some subset of pages) from one group to another
when unqualified links would become an issue.)

I've tested both of these in a couple of examples striving to reach a
real-world load in terms of number of pages needing to be updated,
etc.  I'd be interested if people run into timeout issues or etc - I
have other ways around these, but I don't want to unnecessarily
complicate the script unless it's needed.

Both of these wikish applications require powertools in addition to
WIkiSh to take advantage of {(pagelist ...)}.

-Peter