[pmwiki-users] changing groups?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Jun 17 12:12:19 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:44 PM, kirpi at kirpi.it <kirpi at kirpi.it> wrote:

> It seems to me that the real issue is not switching from GroupA.PageA
> to GroupB.PageB but keep an eye and update any and every link,
> reference, GroupA.PageA.php file and so on which is resident on the
> wiki install, at any level.
> The change should happen also inside any document of the wiki.

One option:

===(snip)===
for i in BBaCommunity.*
do
   mv ${i} ${i#BBa}
   echo "(:redirect ${i##BBa}:)" >${i}
done
===(snip)===

That will leave a (:redirect Community.PageA:) as the only source in
BBaCommunity.PageA.

Another option is the WikiSh script I have in
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiShExamples#RenamePage to rename
pages, but it is unnecessarily complicated in its current state (it can
probably be cut down to 30% of it's current length).  If you're likely to
use it let me know off-list and I'll re-code it using the new session
capabilities in WikiSh and put it back up there...

There's also http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RenamePage which has
capability of listing all links in a sidelink or something so you can go in
and manually fix them.  I haven't used it, but it is definitely more
"pmwiki" in its approach.

-Peter