[pmwiki-users] Fox Forms and Show/Hide or ToggleHide

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 12:41:04 CDT 2008

Thursday, June 12, 2008, 6:17:42 PM, Scott Smith wrote:

> Sorry about the partial. I didn't know if putting the full form in an email
> would be bad form, like using all caps.

The tricky part is to provide a minimum on information, but have all
relevant details intact. For a form problem this may mean to try to
reduce the form to just the elements necessary to show the problem,
but leave out unnecessary form elements, repetitions etc.
This can save a lot of time for someone trying to help, and may also
provide you with useful insight by narrowing down the problem.

I often have problem in having to guess someones intentions/actions
when they state a problem, because of a lack of detail given.
But too much detail can be overwelming and off-putting.

The best is often to get a url to look at, with access to the wiki source
code (without that it is really frustrating). I don't find it
necessary to have 'edit' access to a page, but 'source' access is
vital.

  ~Hans