[pmwiki-users] Semi-automatic user accounts for fox forum -- Htpasswdform

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Jul 10 09:21:03 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Vince Administration
<vadmin at math.uconn.edu> wrote:
> EEmeli,
> Thanks. I have plenty of work to do on the site, so it is no problem
> to wait a week or two.
> And  Hans,
> Thanks,  I see by studying the function I can create a version which
> will collect the data that I  want.
> But I will go slowly because of eemeli's reply. This sounds like what
> I would want to develop in the future as well as now.
>    Vince

Though I'm no longer actively supporting ZAP, it's been able to do
this and much more for a long time. I particularly like it because you
can set up a complete user profile with any settings you want for each
user, and then do site customizations or reports of about anything you
want.  It also has easy, advanced group managment. And with a little
work you can set up email verification systems, password reminders,
password change forms, etc.Plus you can also do it all in wiki markup
without having to touch php.

See this recipe

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MemberMgmt

I've incorporated these concepts into the core of the wiki I'm using
now (BoltWire) and I use them all the time. ZAP can give similar
member mgmt capabilities to PmWiki.

Cheers,
Dan