[pmwiki-users] quiet changes to .htaccess

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:44:11 CST 2008

For the most part, the only thing PmWiki does to .htaccess files is
ignore them. There are a few places where it generates a .htaccess
file if one isn't present, but those just deny web access to a
directory. PmWiki definitely doesn't generate mod_rewrite rules.

More specifically, a .htaccess file with the rules
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
is created in the wiki directory when saving a file (the PageStore
write method, pmwiki.php line 882) and in the PageCacheDir if it is
set (scripts/caches.php line 54).

Those are the only two times when a default PmWiki setup will do
anything with .htaccess files.

eemeli