[pmwiki-users] quiet changes to .htaccess

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed Jan 30 10:53:57 CST 2008

Does PmWiki edit any .htaccess files? If so, how, when, etc.? One of
mine was changed, and I don't remember doing it. I'm terrified of
breaking .htaccess and stick to the recipes very closely.

In this case, the lines are not something PmWiki would have inserted,
but if it happens again, I want that extra level of confidence in my
voice when I talk to the host's support. He didn't say so, but it's
really not his job to fix my mistakes, or debug a program I don't fully
understand.

Thanks in advance,

Sandy

PS: The lines were:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^websites.onebit.ca$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.websites.onebit.ca$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /websites [R=301,L]

Definitely not something PmWiki would do, and not part of the usual
CleanURL instructions. Maybe CPanel when I set the redirect? But I set
it the same way I did my other two subdomains. Sigh.