[pmwiki-users] Borrowing title from another page

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Thu Jan 24 15:29:13 CST 2008

Thursday, January 24, 2008, 7:12:05 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

> For each page in Projects, there is a corresponding page in
Projecttext.

> Each page in Projects group has a specified (:title:).

> I would like the pages in Projecttext to inherit the Title of the

> corresponding page in the Projects group.

> I have tried to put the following in the Projecttext.GroupHeader

> (:title {Projects.{*$Name}$Title}:)

{Projects.ProjectName$Title} is the page variable giving the title for

page Projects.ProjectName, and

(:title {Projects.ProjectName$Title}:) will give you that title in any

page.

(:title {Projects.{*$Name}$Title}:) or (:title
{Projects.{$Name}$Title}:)

in Projecttext.GroupHeader should give you the required title.

It does for me.

 (:redirect Projects.{*$Name}:) in the GroupHeader should also work,

but browsing the page will get impossible (which is the intention I

suppose), so a title directive on that page seems pointless to me.

The point is that when in the search results, I get page names which are
in the form Projects.00002, Projects.00004 and Projecttext.00002,
Projecttext.00004 etc. These numeric pagenames are generated by the
wikiforms recipe and have no relationship with the more meaningful page
titles.

I am trying real hard to get back to more meaningful search results.

However, this does not seem to solve all my problems... people still
have to add both the pages to their Watchlists to track them!!