[pmwiki-users] My wiki, she is kaput

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Tue Jan 15 12:42:43 CST 2008

>>> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> 1/11/2008 11:18 PM >>>
On your fresh install, you might try inserting the line

    print("Got here!\n"); exit();

at various places between lines 325 and 357, to see which part of
the code is causing the failure.  Then we can track it down more
precisely.

Very interesting.  I did just as you suggested, and pmwiki.php appears to hang just after the termination of the loop beginning on line 325,

foreach((array)$InterMapFiles as $f)

If I insert the print statement anywhere within that loop (aside from within if statements that evaluate as false), it prints the alert and halts as expected.  If I insert the print statement after the loop, the page hangs.  My first thought was that the hang might be a failure to terminate the foreach loop, so here's the print_r() dump of $InterMapFiles:

Array ( [0] => D:\wwwsites\davidaspitzleyorg\www\Test/scripts/intermap.txt [1] => D:\wwwsites\davidaspitzleyorg\www\Test/local/farmmap.txt [2] => $SiteGroup.InterMap [3] => local/localmap.txt )

Since this is a default install, neither farmmap.txt nor localmap.txt exist, but there is a PmWiki.InterMap in the wikilib.d directory.

Any suggestions of where to look next?

David