[pmwiki-users] My wiki, she is kaput

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Mon Jan 14 07:57:49 CST 2008

Cool, I'll give that a try and get back to you.

David

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 01:34:58PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2008 2:02 PM, David Spitzley <dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us> wrote:
> > For some reason my wiki has stopped working recently.  The
> diag function works, but nothing else gets output.
>
> FWIW, here's the response I saw when I request pmwiki.php
> (with no parameters):
>
> FastCGI Error
> The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

I seem to recall that some parts of PHP are unable to work with
the FastCGI version of PHP.  I don't recall exactly what the problem
was, however.

So, I suspect that your wiki stopped working when PHP was upgraded/
replaced on the server.

> >  I've just tested a fresh install in a parallel directory, and get the same behavior.  Any suggestions as to what is amiss?
> >
> > http://www.davidaspitzley.org/habitrail/pmwiki.php?action=diag

We might need to try some additional diagnostics to figure out
where things are getting "hung".  I notice that ?action=diag and
?action=phpinfo seem to work, but other "simple" actions
such as ?action=crypt are failing.  So, there must be something
that FastCGI or your version of PHP doesn't like in PmWiki's action
dispatch handler, although I can't really imagine what that
would be.

On your fresh install, you might try inserting the line

    print("Got here!\n"); exit();

at various places between lines 325 and 357, to see which part of
the code is causing the failure.  Then we can track it down more
precisely.