[pmwiki-users] [FlashMediaPlayer] How to configure fwplayer to show a playlist

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 04:59:28 CST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 9:59 AM, Martin Kerz <martin at kerz.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I implemented the FlashMediaPlayer recipe in my latest project. Everything
> works fine, even playlists. One thing is not working though. I want to
> configure the Jeroen Wijering player that it displays all tracks of the
> playlist somewhere. I tried it for hours now, but don't know how to
> configure it that way. Does anyone know what I should do?
>
> I tried it with the setup wizard
> (http://www.jeroenwijering.com/extras/wizard.html), but don't really know
> which variable is the right one, and, if I could find the right one, how to
> implement it in the FlashMediaPlayer recipe.
>
> In the setup wizard I tried the option "Playlist to the right, all MP3's"
> and the swfobject code I get is:
>

> <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js" /> <div id="player">This
> text will be replaced</div> <script type="text/javascript"> var so = new
> SWFObject('mediaplayer.swf','mpl','320','140','7');
> so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true');
> so.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
> so.addVariable('file','http://www.jeroenwijering.com/upload/statistics.xml');
> so.addVariable('height','140'); so.addVariable('width','320');
> so.addVariable('displaywidth','120'); so.write('player'); </script>
> I suspect the "mpl" in line 6 to be the necessary option. But how do I tell
> it through the recipe? :-/
>
> Thanks a lot for you help!

The FlashMediaPlayer uses its own incarnation of the swfobject
feature. You should select the "embed code" version (via the link
above the code div itself), to get the following code:

<embed src="http://www.jeroenwijering.com/embed/mediaplayer.swf"
width="320" height="140" allowfullscreen="true"
allowscriptaccess="always"
flashvars="&file=http://www.jeroenwijering.com/upload/statistics.xml&height=140&width=320&displaywidth=120"
/>

which could be taylored into following configuration param:

$FlashMediaPlayerInfo['jw'] = array(
  'swf' => "jw_media_player/mediaplayer.swf",
  'objparms' => array(
    'flashvars' => array("&file=\$url",
                         "\$parms"),
    'allowFullScreen' => "true",
    'allowScriptAccess'=> "always"),
  'defaults' => array('align' => 'middle',
                      'width' => 320,
                      'height' => 140,
                      'displayWidth' => 120));

(not fully tested)