[pmwiki-users] configuring stuff for wikigallery

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Feb 13 01:16:04 CST 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Maria McKinley wrote:
> Here is a silly question. What is the SDV for before the variable on
> the wikigallery page? Is this notation defined somewhere, and I just
> missed it?

SDV() is a Very Clever PmWiki Core Function (vcpcf) and means "set default
value" (if none is set). In a recipe, if a user has previously defined a
variable, the recipe will not change it. This function is usefull for recipe
authors; recipe users often need to force a value in config.php, and will use
a direct declaration like $MyVar = 2; instead of SDV().

See http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Functions#SDV for more information.

Petko