[pmwiki-users] subpages

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 15:20:42 CDT 2008

2008/8/1 John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz>

> On Thursday, 31 July 2008 10:16 PM, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >John,
> >I;d very much like to see some development of this script.
> >It suits a need I have down to the ground,
> >there are a few quirks and idiosyncrasies (some already
> >documented on the recipe page) that would make it really fit properly in
> pmwiki.
> > thanks in advance
> >Simon
>
> Well, I can't make any promises, because I had to bend a
> few edges to make subpages more or less fit into pmwiki's
> world-view. However, if you put the problems you have
> referenced on the Cookbook.SubgroupMarkup page, plus any
> others you have found, into priority order, I'll see what
> I can do about tackling them one at a time.
>
> From the look of it, most of the problems arise from PmWiki features added
> since I wrote the script.
>
> In general, I fix easy things first, which may not be what's
> important, but it's useful to know what's important, so I
> don't waste time trying to fix hard but unimportant things.
> I would like to fix the security problem noted below too.
> It occurred to me that -Draft markup may well be using a
> technique we can borrow. Presumably, if PageX has an edit
> password, then PageX-Draft will inherit it.
>
> JR

John
I've created a test
page<http://kiwiwiki.co.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Test/SubgroupMarkup>
to illustrate some of the issues using the current version of the recipe.
(anyone else feel free to add to it too)
It looks to me lie recent changes to PmWiki have stopped the subpage recipe
working at all.
Happy to provide more details or access.

I hope you get some feedback on the password issue, this would be most
useful.
I've added suggested priorities to the recipe page.

thanks very much

Simon