[pmwiki-users] Include pre-rendered pages?

Tue Apr 8 14:17:24 CDT 2008

I was afraid I wasn't clear...hope this is a little better.

The basic include statement just brings in the plain text of the page your are including. If that is markup, then the markup is inserted into the page and then the page is rendered. What I was looking for was a way to include pre-rendered pages into other pages.

The reason I'm looking for this is because I'm trying to put markup to use the pmFeed recipe within a table cell:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PmFeed

But when I do this the markup is displayed as-is, it doesn't render into the requested feed. My goal was to have a single pmFeed markup statement alone in a single page and then include that page in many places throughout my site, sometimes within table cells.

The feed example is just an example, you can image using this technique for may things.

If I put the pmFeed markup on its own page and include that page in another page (but not inside a table cell) it works fine. I get the result of the markup, not the markup itself. So, it looks like the issue is less about the include statement and more about the fact that the pmFeed markup doesn't work inside a table cell, it just shows the markup not the result.

And the reason I was going down the road of asking if I could include pre-rendered pages was so that the include statement that I was putting inside the cell wouldn't be pulling in actual markup but would be pulling in the result of the markup (thus, pre-rendered). It was a way to get around what appears to be a limitation of using an include that pulls in markup into a table cell.

Wow... I don't think I explained this well. But hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say a little better now. :)

Thanks!