[pmwiki-users] [AuthUser] Is there a way that users can, change their password for themselves

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Sun Sep 30 09:59:15 CDT 2007

On 9/29/07, Martin Kerz <martin at kerz.org> wrote:
>> Is there a way that users can change their password to one that is
>> unknown to anyone else? e.g. could there be some kind of encrypted
>> password generator that encrypts their passwords before sending them
>> to me, so that I can enter the encrypted form to SiteAdmin/AuthUser?

and Dominique Faure replied:
> You may found an answer at the end of the
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin page, using
> "?action=crypt"

I'd be surprised if that helps... just encrypting a password doesn't put
it into effect.

The only recipe I'm aware of that gives password-changing capability to
AuthUser is ZAP (see Cookbook/MemberMgmt).  To use it you have to adopt
ZAP's system for storing personal data on the Profiles page, and all
pages in your wiki should require a password to edit, but depending on
your site those are small prices to pay for the flexibility and
functionality ZAP offers.  If you choose to go that route, I'll be happy
to help answer questions.  --Ben S.