[pmwiki-users] Search Box

Mike Shanley up at upisup.com
Thu Sep 20 18:42:58 CDT 2007

H. Fox wrote:
> The reason to hard-code is efficiency, since PmWiki will process fewer
> wikipages per request.  Others on the list would know better than I
> how much of a difference it makes, but without a doubt it's more
> efficient to put HTML directly in the template than it is to generate
> the same HTML using the wiki engine.

I definitely do understand this point--which is why my site designs tend
to be as hollow-yet-featureful as possible--but, lets say 5 more Markup
processes in the face of 20-80 (or more!) is not likely to slow things
down that much... But then we're back to that old tootsy-roll-dilemma,
eh? ;)

--
        ~Mike Shanley~

    ~you are almost there~