[pmwiki-users] FCK Editor Install

David Fionda dfionda at candeos.com
Thu Sep 6 21:29:59 CDT 2007

Hi All

I  decided to try to install the FCK Editor in my wiki.

FYI - There is a small  issue  in the zip file ( it called one of the
subdirectories FCKEditor when it should have been FCKeditor, which is the
way that it is referred to in the includes), which gave me a file not found.
I changed that and got rid of that issue.

 I initially had it editing nothing but the home page of my website. . I
then realized  that it assumes it is installed in the root of the server.

I added some of the configuration code to the /local/config.php that looked
like this:  (I did put this before the includes that called the script.)

(I initially used 'localhost' after http and that gave me a file not found.)

So I decided to be brave and put the full name of the path.

SDVA($PmFCK, array(
 'BaseImagePath' => 'http://mydomainname.com/wiki/',
 'BasePath' =>'http://mydomainname.com/wiki/pub/fckeditor/FCKeditor/',
 'EditorAreaCSS' =>
'http://mydomainname.com/wiki/pub/fckeditor/pm_fckstyles.css',
 'StylesXmlPath' =>
'http://mydomainname.com/wiki/pub/fckeditor/pm_fckstyles.xml',
 'CustomConfigurationsPath' =>
'http://mydomainname.com/wiki/pub/fckeditor/pm_fckconfig.js',
 'TextTranslation' => array(summary => 'Summary :', author => 'Author :',
minor => 'This is a minor edit', editfck => "WYSIWYG Editor")
));

When I load the Visual Editor, I get a blank white screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks !!

Dave