[pmwiki-users] MySQl Plug In

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Thu Sep 6 17:59:25 CDT 2007

David Fionda wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  I took a look at it and it looks like it allows me to
> query a database and return the results in a wiki page. Is there a plug in
> that will store all of the page info in a MySQL database?  I read in the
> wiki comparison that there was...

Hm... the wiki comparison may have been mistaken.

The DataQuery recipe will allow you to store the contents of a wiki page
in a field of a database table, and to present existing database tables
(including multiple fields) as wiki pages.

The major limitation for your purposes would be that it requires a
separate query to be manually set up for each page group you want to
store in the database.  So if you just have a few groups you want to
store in tables, that's fine, but if you want to store every group in
your wiki in the database, it could get old in a hurry!

Let me know if you need help setting up DataQuery.  --Ben S.