[pmwiki-users] DataQuery and DataPlates

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Wed Nov 14 20:23:38 CST 2007

Philippe wrote,
> The first one is about creating a new query. When I manipulate one of
> the existing queries, it works fine, giving me, for the table selected,
> a list of fields, conditions, etc. However, when I try to create a query
> from scratch, I have the top part of the interface, a pulldown to chose
> the table, and only thre buttons, update, save and delete. Nothing more,
> whichever table I select of whichever button I use.

This is a known bug that I haven't had the chance to track down, but I
can at least document it.  The workaround is that you have to activate
the query -- that is, check its box on the DataQuery.DataQuery page and
submit the form on that page.  When you click the Configure link again
you will be able to see the rest of the form.  All inactive queries are
subject to this bug; if you uncheck the box for an existing query its
form will disappear as well.

Thanks for bringing this up so that I can't ignore it anymore.  ;-)  I
promise to fix it in the next version, but I can't make any promises
about when that will be... I promised to release a ZAP CMS bundle almost
a month ago, and it's still at least 2 weeks away!

> The second one is that I would like to include the results of my queries
> in other pages. i have tried the following:
> (:include Orders.HomePage:)
>
> But it does not produce any result. Nothing appears on the output.
> However, when I go to the page itself, it seems properly intercepted,
> and it displays the content of the table.
>
> What am I doing wrong here ?

Assuming that DataQuery is included site-wide and not just the Orders
group, I would guess that the pagelist template on Orders.HomePage is
being specified implicitly, that is, as #DQlist instead of
Orders.Templates#DQlist.  Make that change and it should show up.
Believe it or not, this is a feature, not a bug.  :-)

Thanks for using DataQuery and bearing with its eccentricities!  Your
comments help make it better!  --Ben S.