[pmwiki-users] Layout problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 31 10:00:22 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:40:46AM -0400, Naeimeh.Shakoori-Najafi at dalsa.com wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    I've installed pmwiki and populated some pages on a linux machine (Red Hat
>    9). I've changed the skin to monobook
>    and all the pages look as they should on this linux machine. But when I
>    try to see the web site from other computers in the
>    network, both windows and linux, layouts of the pages are different. There
>    is no color, the side bar is at the top and other
>    things go beneath the side bar. I have no idea why this happens. I
>    appreciate your help.

Usually this indicates that the browser is unable to
access the .css files and/or graphics that are part of
the skin.

You might check that the setting of $PubDirUrl is correct.
It needs to point to the url location of the pub/ directory
on the server.

PmWiki tries to guess the correct value of $PubDirUrl
based on information provided by the webserver, but if the
urls have been changed somehow -- e.g., by using an
index.php or some sort of url rewriting/aliasing -- then
PmWiki can't really determine the correct url.