[pmwiki-users] unable to upload attachments

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed May 30 13:51:13 CDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Jen King <jenking at law.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hi PM Wiki folks,
>
> After doing a search of the archives, I can't find an answer to my
> particular case. I just set up PM Wiki
> 2.1.27, and I'm unable to get file uploads to work. I created a
> public_html/wiki/uploads directory, and when I attempt an upload, the
> password screen merely refreshes. Here's my local php:
>
> $EnableUpload = 1;
> $HandleAuth['upload'] = 'edit';
> $UploadDir = "/wiki/uploads";
> ## $UploadPrefixFmt = '/$Group/$Name';
>
> I commented out the group upload piece for troubleshooting purposes, and
> it still doesn't work. I have a password set for edit, read, and admin.
> Permissions on the directory are 777; not sure if safe mode is enabled,
> but i'm not getting a safe mode error.

Hi, Jen:   Any luck with this?  Sometimes cries for help get lost in the
crowd -- if you're still struggling, you might want to post again.  I wish I
could help, but I'm just a user.  The only thought I have, right off, is to
wonder if maybe you should use
        $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('youreditpasswordhere');
instead of the $HandleAuth whatsit.

Oh, and I have
        $UploadUrlFmt = $ScriptUrl.'/uploads';
instead of your
        $UploadDir = "/wiki/uploads";
(I don't know how that works, so can't say whether it looks odd or not.)

Hoping that's some kind of help,

Tegan