[pmwiki-users] markup-rules + improper when-values

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Tue May 29 12:24:03 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
  inserted in the correct location.

> The correct form has always been 'directives' (with an 's'),
> but versions of PmWiki prior to beta46 would still process
> markup rules that had improper 'when' values.  Unfortunately,
> it would process them at the wrong time, which is why we
> tightened up this restriction.
I already read this in your beta52-release announce.
But I realized the consequence (for my pmwiki) not until now: oh, oh, ca
50% of my own recipes won't work anymore.

I have to fix this, that's not the question, but I miss some kind of
warning or error, if that situation occurs. Is it possible to implement ?

And by the way: would it be possible to create some kind of a pmwiki-log
(with warning- and errormessages), e.g. as a special page ?

Both would simplify debugging enourmous (for simple pmwiki-programmers
like me :). E.g when I set up a new markup, it's hard now to distiguish,
between a wrong regex or a wrong when-value, the results would be in
both cases: the display of the unprocessed markup.

Knut