[pmwiki-users] TotalCounter upgrade zeross my prior page counts

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Tue May 15 12:25:44 CDT 2007

IchBin wrote:
> Hans Huijgen wrote:
>> 2007/5/12, IchBin <weconsultants at gmail.com>:
>>> IchBin wrote:
>>> I found that if you either rename the old files to the new names or
>>> change the code to point to these two old files all works and counts are
>>> maintained between these particular versions. Not sure if that should be
>>> mentioned on the recipe page but that is what I found out about my
>>> migration problem. I am not using the 'GEOIP' option.
>> Well, if that was on the cookbook, than my counter wouldn't be
>> resetted. So, if you find time, it would be nice for others to add it.
>> I would have appreciated it ;-)
>
> Sorry, not sure how to update the recipe page (password?). Also not sure
> if it make sense to just change the recipe to use the old names. Guess
> it would depend on how many users will be affected either way.
>
> Anyway, this is what I was going to append to the top of the
> TotalCounter recipe page:
>
>  >>bgcolor=#ffeeee<<
> * I found that '''''migrating''''' from the '''''1.5''''' version to
> '''''1.8a''''' that I lost all of my prior total counts. I saw no
> mention nor documentation that the files where the counts are persisted
> to was renamed. I found that to retain the prior version total counts
> you can do one of two things:
>
> ## Rename the old file names to the new names. ''This seems to be the
> better option because you do not have to maintain the change for future
> script versions.''
> ## Change the 1.8a script to point to the old version named file.
>
> ->Here are the file names for the different versions:
> ** Version 1.5 :
> ***  $file =  '''.total.counter'''
> ***  $lock =  '''.total.counter.lock'''
> **Version :1.8a
> *** $file =  '''totalcounter.stat'''
> *** $lock =  '''totalcounter.lock'''
>
> *IchBin ~~~~
>  >><<

OK today when I edit the recipe page I was able to update it. Beats me.

It would be nice if the pmWiki site used WikiStylesPlus recipe or would
I be wrong in suggesting this?

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA  http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com