[pmwiki-users] TotalCounter upgrade zeross my prior page counts

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Sun May 13 11:44:50 CDT 2007

Hans Huijgen wrote:
> 2007/5/12, IchBin <weconsultants at gmail.com>:
>> IchBin wrote:
>> I found that if you either rename the old files to the new names or
>> change the code to point to these two old files all works and counts are
>> maintained between these particular versions. Not sure if that should be
>> mentioned on the recipe page but that is what I found out about my
>> migration problem. I am not using the 'GEOIP' option.
> Well, if that was on the cookbook, than my counter wouldn't be
> resetted. So, if you find time, it would be nice for others to add it.
> I would have appreciated it ;-)

Sorry, not sure how to update the recipe page (password?). Also not sure
if it make sense to just change the recipe to use the old names. Guess
it would depend on how many users will be affected either way.

Anyway, this is what I was going to append to the top of the
TotalCounter recipe page:

 >>bgcolor=#ffeeee<<
* I found that '''''migrating''''' from the '''''1.5''''' version to
'''''1.8a''''' that I lost all of my prior total counts. I saw no
mention nor documentation that the files where the counts are persisted
to was renamed. I found that to retain the prior version total counts
you can do one of two things:

## Rename the old file names to the new names. ''This seems to be the
better option because you do not have to maintain the change for future
script versions.''
## Change the 1.8a script to point to the old version named file.

->Here are the file names for the different versions:
** Version 1.5 :
***  $file =  '''.total.counter'''
***  $lock =  '''.total.counter.lock'''
**Version :1.8a