[pmwiki-users] UserAuth2 question...

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Tue May 15 12:07:33 CDT 2007

IchBin wrote:
> Not sure what I am doing wrong trying to get UserAuth2 running.. Well
> let me rephrase that: "After installing the recipe install be able to
> use the 'admin' account. Maybe some one can point me in the right direction.
>
> This is the environment:
>
>    - Running WinXP SP 2 OS.
>    - Installed a clean instance of pmwiki-2.2.0-beta45.
>    - Have Apache2.2.4 serving it to the internet through a VirtualHost.
>    - It can be loaded using my ip address http://68.83.247.195
>    - I installed UserAuth2 as directed.
>    - After I installed the recipe and then reloaded the main page all of
> the required subdirectories where create as mentioned in the documentation.
>
> This is as far as I can get. The docs say the it automatically creates,
> among other things, an 'admin' account with a blank passwords. It does
> because I can see it under the ..\userauth2\profiles.
>
> OK, so now I try to edit any pages the following happens: (for this
> example I am trying to edit the WikiSandbox page)
>
>   - Select the edit for the WikiSandbox page.
>   - The login page displays.
>   - I enter user: 'admin' and password:"".
>   - It redisplays the WikiSandbox page but does not let me edit it.
>
> I have tried to log in by entering a non blank password. I get the
> expected account "Wrong password supplied." message. So it looks like it
> is working.
>
> Maybe it is a wrong assumption on my part. I assume since it is an
> 'admin'  that I could do anything with respect to 'read', edit' or
> 'attr' from the initial install. The same way that the core pmWiki works
> not using AuthUser..
>
> Do I have to setup rules for the 'admin' account after I install the
> UserAuth2 recipe?
>
> If I:
>
>   - Disable the recipe
>   - Add the example code <below> to the SideBar
>   - after logging, as some above in as an 'admin', the only menu item
> displayed is "Login". So it is not really logging me into the website.
>

> Example:
> 	(:if loggedin:)
> 	* [[Logout ({$AuthId}) -> Site.Login?action=logout]] \\
> 	(:if:)
> 	(:if ! loggedin:)
> 	* [[Login -> Site.Login]] \\
> 	(:if:)
> 	(:if auth admin :)
> 	[[{$FullName}?action=admin | $[Admin tool] ]]
> 	(:if:)

Sorry but I figured I would ask the same questions posted before. There
must be people using this recipe.

Basic question (short form): After the initial install of UserAuth2, how
do I enable the default 'admin' user to login with 'admin' authority? I
can login but I do not have those authorities. Hope I'm making some
sense with this question or read the above post... or do I have the
wrong expectation and doing something wrong.

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA  http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com