[pmwiki-users] UserAuth2 question...

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:04:16 CDT 2007

Not sure what I am doing wrong trying to get UserAuth2 running.. Well
let me rephrase that: "After installing the recipe install be able to
use the 'admin' account. Maybe some one can point me in the right direction.

This is the environment:

   - Running WinXP SP 2 OS.
   - Installed a clean instance of pmwiki-2.2.0-beta45.
   - Have Apache2.2.4 serving it to the internet through a VirtualHost.
   - It can be loaded using my ip address http://68.83.247.195
   - I installed UserAuth2 as directed.
   - After I installed the recipe and then reloaded the main page all of
the required subdirectories where create as mentioned in the documentation.

This is as far as I can get. The docs say the it automatically creates,
among other things, an 'admin' account with a blank passwords. It does
because I can see it under the ..\userauth2\profiles.

OK, so now I try to edit any pages the following happens: (for this
example I am trying to edit the WikiSandbox page)

  - Select the edit for the WikiSandbox page.
  - The login page displays.
  - I enter user: 'admin' and password:"".
  - It redisplays the WikiSandbox page but does not let me edit it.

I have tried to log in by entering a non blank password. I get the
expected account "Wrong password supplied." message. So it looks like it
is working.

Maybe it is a wrong assumption on my part. I assume since it is an
'admin'  that I could do anything with respect to 'read', edit' or
'attr' from the initial install. The same way that the core pmWiki works
not using AuthUser..

Do I have to setup rules for the 'admin' account after I install the
UserAuth2 recipe?

If I:

  - Disable the recipe
  - Add the example code <below> to the SideBar
  - after logging, as some above in as an 'admin', the only menu item
displayed is "Login". So it is not really logging me into the website.

Example:
	(:if loggedin:)
	* [[Logout ({$AuthId}) -> Site.Login?action=logout]] \\
	(:if:)
	(:if ! loggedin:)
	* [[Login -> Site.Login]] \\
	(:if:)
	(:if auth admin :)
	[[{$FullName}?action=admin | $[Admin tool] ]]
	(:if:)

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA  http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com