[pmwiki-users] Cluster Side Bars

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Sun May 13 22:39:02 CDT 2007

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 04:37:32PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> I see this on sidebars in docs for Cluster. What we need is a side bar
> for an entire cluster
>
> HTDE
> HTDE-Subscriptions
> HTDE-DBase
> HTDE-Statistics
>
> etc. all to get the same side bar. But this recipe implies that, if
> implemented, we need to
> create a $Group.SideBar page, one for each level in the Cluster. Is
> there a way to get
> one for the whole Cluster?

If you want one sidebar for the HTDE group, then just create

HTDE.SideBar

and it should be used for all the HTDE-* groups, provided that your skin
template has the {$ClusterSideBar} bit in it.

What makes you think that the documentation says that you need to create
a $Group.SideBar page for each level in the cluster?  One *can* create
them, yes, but the whole point of Cluster is so that one can configure
things for a cluster of groups *without* having to do a separate
configuration for each group in the cluster.

Kathryn Andersen