[pmwiki-users] Cluster Side Bars

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun May 13 21:37:32 CDT 2007

I see this on sidebars in docs for Cluster. What we need is a side bar
for an entire cluster

HTDE
HTDE-Subscriptions
HTDE-DBase
HTDE-Statistics

etc. all to get the same side bar. But this recipe implies that, if
implemented, we need to
create a $Group.SideBar page, one for each level in the Cluster. Is
there a way to get
one for the whole Cluster?

 From the Cluster docs:

----------
Using the SideBar

In order to take advantage of the SideBar and RightBar clustering, you
need to edit your skin template.
A normal skin template would have something like this:

<!--wiki:{$Group}.SideBar {$SiteGroup}.SideBar-->

What Cluster does is give you an additional page-variable, so you can go

<!--wiki:{$ClusterSideBar} {$Group}.SideBar {$SiteGroup}.SideBar-->

instead.

The $ClusterSideBar page-variable will be set to the appropriate
side-bar for the current group, doing the search in the same kind of way
that GroupHeader or GroupFooter etc are searched for.

Likewise the $ClusterRightBar page-variable should be used in skins that
have a RightBar; for example:

<!--wiki:{$ClusterRightBar} {$Group}.RightBar {$SiteGroup}.RightBar-->
--

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com