[pmwiki-users] AuthUser2 (UserAuth2) with pagelist

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Sun May 6 22:55:44 CDT 2007

Hi David,

it is indeed "UserAuth2".

A possible reason for pagelists to be breaking is that a template page
that is needed for the pagelist creation is not accessible (=
read-protected). Usually it is one of the Site group pages, e.g.
Site.PageListTemplates.

Set "rd_*.*" in your GuestUsers account and see whether it works then. If
so, remove this entry again and try making accessible
Site.PageListTemplates or similar pages.

If you cant figure out which page is not authorized, try adding

global $HTMLFooterFmt; // since pmwiki 2.1.25
$HTMLFooterFmt[] = "Perm for user '$user', page '$page', " .
                   "level '$level': ".($res ? "passed.\n" : "failed.\n");

before the if statement in the line containing the word "PERM" in
userauth2.php, and switch off perm caching by setting

$UA2EnablePermCaching = false;

in your local config. This should print you all the permission queries
together with their results at the bottom of the page output.

Thomas