[pmwiki-users] i18n updates

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Mar 20 17:33:27 CDT 2007

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

>> >1.  Any pages that are to be included in an i18n-xx.zip distribution
>> >    could define a (:i18n:xx:) page text variable.  For example, any
>> >    page (from any group, including Site.*) that belongs in the
>> >    i18n-de.zip file would be tagged with (:i18n:de:).  My script
>>
>> Are there currently i18n pages outside their dedicated group? Or do
>> you intend to change the organization of the pages?
>
>I intend to make it possible to set i18n pages out of the dedicated
>group if people want them that way.  Sometimes people want to
>install the "utility" pages without the associated documentation.

There is still the problem that the "utility pages" link a lot to the
remaining documentation, so one has to decide where to stop.

Site.EditQuickReference might be insufficient, so what to include
next: BasicEditing - TextFormattingRules - Tables - TableDirectives?

Can we expect that the admin curs teh links from the pages?

Do we need a maintained minimal version and a full version?

Shall we use conditional markup in the i18n pages to make them
suitable for both cases?

Lots of questions...

[...]

>> But ?action=refcount currently can't check for page text
>> variables, so I had to make a test installation with an empty wiki?
>> [...]
>> Maybe a versatile cross reference tool would be useful for this and
>> several other maintenance tasks.
>
>The plan has been (continues to be) that (:pagelist:) will be
>able to filter orphaned, missing, and existing pages.  Thus, one
>would be able to do:

Great. Maybe I should hold my xref plans a bit.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)