[pmwiki-users] i18n updates

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 20 17:08:02 CDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 10:55:14PM +0100, Oliver Betz wrote:
> "Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:
> >1.  Any pages that are to be included in an i18n-xx.zip distribution
> >    could define a (:i18n:xx:) page text variable.  For example, any
> >    page (from any group, including Site.*) that belongs in the
> >    i18n-de.zip file would be tagged with (:i18n:de:).  My script
>
> Are there currently i18n pages outside their dedicated group? Or do
> you intend to change the organization of the pages?

I intend to make it possible to set i18n pages out of the dedicated
group if people want them that way.  Sometimes people want to
install the "utility" pages without the associated documentation.

> There shouldn't be unnecessary pages in the distribution. The
> (:i18n:xx:) page text variable would make this easier (more secure
> that pages aren't added inadvertently).

Absolutely.  At first I wasn't too keen on the idea of using page
text variables for this, but I'm warming up to it.

> But ?action=refcount currently can't check for page text
> variables, so I had to make a test installation with an empty wiki?
> [...]
> Maybe a versatile cross reference tool would be useful for this and
> several other maintenance tasks.

The plan has been (continues to be) that (:pagelist:) will be
able to filter orphaned, missing, and existing pages.  Thus, one
would be able to do:

    (:pagelist state=missing $:i18n=de:)

to get a list of all of the missing pages in the :de: documentation.
(I'm still trying to come up with a better attribute name than "state=".)