[pmwiki-users] i18n updates

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sat Mar 17 06:23:40 CDT 2007

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

> Okay, I've updated and rebuild the i18n distribution files.
> Each language now has its own independent i18n-xx.zip file,

Great, thanks! This will also reduce filename encoding problems.

[...]

> I'm sure that some of the language pages need cleaning up...
> simply let me know when it's time to update the i18n files.
> (I'll eventually farm this task out to individual maintainers
> as we identify them.)

How many changes in the original (English) documentation do you
expect until a 2.2 release?

I already started to analyze the structure of the German pages and
would start a discussion in the (now rather silent) German list how
to update the contents as soon as it's time to do so.

[...]

> (I'm still working on the utf-8 updates for searches.)

BTW: for my own installations, I decided to use ISO-8859-1 and accept
the 8 bit filenames.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen