[pmwiki-users] Locked .pageindex

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 14 08:44:40 CDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 02:22:09PM +0100, Roman wrote:
> Our publicly available pmwiki site is not directly editable. We edit
> it locally and then automatically synchronize changed files via FTP.
> It works perfectly with one exception - .pageindex file is sometimes
> locked so I have to copy it manually in indirect way.

Better would be to simply remove .pageindex altoghether whenever
you perform the FTP synchronization.  PmWiki will then automatically
build a new .pageindex.

> My qustions are: Is it necessary to lock .pageindex?
> Is there a way to avoid it?

PmWiki itself doesn't "lock" the .pageindex file in any way, so
it must be something else that is blocking access to the file.
But again, removing .pageindex altogether and letting PmWiki
rebuild it is a superior solution.