[pmwiki-users] Locked .pageindex

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:22:09 CDT 2007

Our publicly available pmwiki site is not directly editable. We edit
it locally and then automatically synchronize changed files via FTP.
It works perfectly with one exception - .pageindex file is sometimes
locked so I have to copy it manually in indirect way. I have to copy
it under different name and then rename it to .pageindex (I don't
understand why but rename works even if .pageindex is locked) .

My qustions are: Is it necessary to lock .pageindex? Is there a way to avoid it?

Thank you in advance

Roman