[pmwiki-users] Problem with CR/LF (or auto-BR)

EXT / GFI GAGNAIRE Thierry ext.gfi.gagnaire at sncf.fr
Tue Mar 13 03:34:00 CDT 2007

Hello all,

Sometimes, when creating a new wiki page by copy/paste text (for example
form an existing web page), special (invisible) characters seem to be
put in the new article.

And after saving the page, it is displayed in a very large width, and
the users have to scroll.

Why automatic carriage return characters (usually ok) are disabled ?

(I use $HTMLPNewline = '<br />'; to avoid the '\\' code)

Example :
http://www.adelinapi.org/wiki/index.php?n=Entrainement.Pr%e9sentation

Is there any way too prevent that ?

(Actually I proceed via a double copy/paste through a text editor, but
this doesn't appear natural to many contributors).

What is the simplest thing I can say to my authors ?

Thanks in advance.

bye - Cordialement,

Thierry