[pmwiki-users] It doesn't work AuthUser per page

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Mar 8 13:06:29 CST 2007

Sergio Belkin wrote:
> --- "Contesto debajo del mensaje anterior, ya que escribimos y leemos
> naturalmente de arriba hacia abajo"
>
>  El Miércoles, 7 de Marzo de 2007 21:56, Sergio Belkin encontró un teclado y
> tipeó lo siguiente:
>> SBHi,
>> SBI created an user account on AuthUser page, say user "john" Then appended
>> to SBURL page ?action=attr, es decir www.mysite.com?action=attr
>> SB
>> SBI want that only john could edit that page :)
>> SB
>> SBWell, so far everything fine, but I don't understand this:
>> SB
>> SBMust I type id:john  on text box "Set new edit password" ?
>> SB
>> SBIf so, that I did, but it doesn't work, when I want as john edit the
>> page, SBthis reject the password.
>> SB
>> SBWhat am I doing wrong?
>> SB
>> SBThanks in advance!
>
> Well I reply to myself :)
>
> I had to add:
>
> password id:john
>
> So, I conclude that users account  by page it's apart from AuthUser, isn't it?
> Thanks

In the original password system, there were no userIDs, just passwords.

AuthUser is for registering users and their passwords, and assigning
them to user-groups. It doesn't allow or prevent them to do anything.

Wherever you would have entered Carlos's password, you can enter
id:Carlos. Or @GroupContainingCarlos.

To allow / deny access to a page, you need to use ?action=attr for that
page. If all the pages are in the same group, you can do it via
?action=attr on the page GroupName.GroupAttributes. Note that anything
on the page ?action=attr over-rides the group one. Fully over-rides, as
in if group gives Albert and Belinda permission, but page only gives
Albert permission, then Belinda loses it for that page.

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthTable is useful to double-check what
you end up with.

Hope this helps!

Sandy