[pmwiki-users] Upload Directory Difficulties Not Related to Permission

millroy at gmail.com millroy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:23:15 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to enable uploading for the installation of PmWiki I have at my
university site.  I'm running into difficulty setting the upload directory
info.

in my config.php, I currently have set:

$UploadUrlFmt = "http://www.university.edu/~userid/WikiUploads/";
$UploadDir = "WikiUploads";

When I go to attach a file, PmWiki creates a directory within it's installed
directory named WikiUploads, and the file appears within it.  PmWiki returns
that the file upload is successful, however the image does not display.

I suspect this may have something to do with the fact that the upload
directory "usually must be in a location that is accessible to the web
somewhere (e.g., in a subdirectory of *public_html*)." (according to
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin ) .  However, for the life
of me, I can't figure out how to point it to create a directory in my public
space (listed in the UploadUrlFmt).

If I try  $UploadDir ="userid\webspace\WikiUploads"; , I will find the file
written in those directories written in PmWiki's directory.

This action takes place regardless of if I include or comment out
$UploadUrlFmt

I'm not sure if my issue is an incorrect understanding of our server's
directory structure, an incorrect usage of the php referring to it, or
something else altogether.

Thank You for your help!