[pmwiki-users] Fox Security Settings

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 08:53:46 CDT 2007

Thursday, June 28, 2007, 1:20:27 PM, pmwikilist at arcor.de wrote:

> Is that correct?
> - $EnableAccessCode = false; -> Access-Code will not recognized, even if implemented in the form.
> - $EnableAccessCode = true; -> Access-Code will recognized, if implemented in the form AND is
> required in every other fox form.

Yes. Maybe it is a bit illogical.
You could add

     (:input hidden access {$AccessCode}:)

to a form for providing the access code automatically, without a user
entering it.

> FoxBlog comes with a comment form (Access-Code) and a
> NewBlogPage-Form (no Access-Code). To get
> the comment form work with Access-Code, I have to set $Enable...=true AND put the
> Access-Code-Markup in every other form I like to use. Or do I get something wrong?

Yes. Perhaps the NewBlogPage should have an access code field as well.
Or (:input hidden access {$AccessCode}:).
Or use in config.php:

$EnableAccessCode = true;
if(CondAuth($pagename,'edit')) $EnableAccessCode = false;

to disable the access code for when you are logged in as editor,
provided you can use NewBlogPage also only if logged in.

  ~Hans