[pmwiki-users] DataQuery and DataPlates: creating / updating record not working

Scott Smith smackaysmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:19:47 CDT 2007

I'm experimenting with DataQuery and DataPlates.

I have a simple MySQL table of 10 fields or so. I added a record to the
table via phpMyAdmin (pma). After installing DataPlates, I can list the
table and it shows the record.

I attempted to add a new record. It says the form updated, but when I view
the table in pma there isn't a new record. I decided to next edit the
original record I added using pma. The change isn't saved. In both cases, no
error messages appear and the error log is empty.

I also double-checked the db user's rights and that all seems good.

I used the default form created by DataPlates.

I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting the problem.

Stats:

   - pmwiki-2.2.0-beta57
   - DataQuery <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DataQuery> 2007-06-11

   - DataPlates <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DataPlates>2007-06-11