[pmwiki-users] Strange css problem\question

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:25:56 CDT 2007

IchBin wrote:
>> I am using the PresenceAwarenessLight recipe. All is working as designed
>> except for a strange behavior with its ..\cookbook\presence\presence.css
>> output.
>>
>> Depending on where the presence.css is running it works or does not
>> work. That is, the raw data is displayed but there is no formating. I
>> have attached two jpgs to illustrate the css output:
>>
>>  - weconsulting.org.jpg (css is not working)
>>  - phppro.org.jpg       (css is working)
>>
>> I initial saw this behavior between two different remote Linux websites
>> running the same code. Those are the two examples above.
>>
>> OK, so I copied the website that is working to my localhost. Now when I
>> run it it does not work. The css is not formating the output.
>>
>> However, I just noticed that when I run that copied website under
>> Waterproof's PHPEditor the css is working. It is formating the output.
>>
>> Does any one have any insight into this problem. It has to be some
>> setting some where that is either turn on or off. That's my best
>> guesstimate.
>>
>> Environment:
>>  - WinXP on my localhost, Linux on 2 different remote servers
>>  - PHP 5.2.3 runs on both of the servers and localhost
>>  - Firefox 20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4, Opera 9.21.8776, IE 7.1
>>  - PHPEdit Snapshot 2.12.0.4946
>>  - pmwiki-latest-beta56
>>  - PresenceAwarenessLight v1.0

> Sorry forgot to mention. When I run that same website on my local
> machine it does not work in a *different* way when I am not running
> under PHPEditor. The (:xajax:) markup is what is invoked to display that
> information.
>
> On my machine it does not display anything but as mentioned it works as
> designed when running from the PHPEditor(debug mode).

Just to keep this thread alive even if just by myself. It may help some
one in the future when this is resolved.

Well I am getting errors when I run locally.

Stack trace:
  1. {main}() ..\pmwiki.php:0
  2. include_once() ..\pmwiki.php:311
  3. require_once() ..\local\config.php:414
  4. xajax->processRequests() ..\cookbook\presence-list.php:20
  5. call_user_func_array() ..\cookbook\presence\xajax.inc.php:439
  6. UpdateOnlineUsers() ..\cookbook\presence\xajax.inc.php:0
  Fatal error:  Class 'UsersList' not found in
..\cookbook\presence-list.php on line 60

It fails on line 60 when it tries to create an instance of UsersList:
  $Users = new UsersList(getcwd().$PLOnlineUsersFile, $PLMaxLifeTime);

The thing is that there is a require_once(class.userslist.php) right
before this line of code that instantiates the UsersList class at line 58:

  require_once ("presence/class.userslist.php");

Besides that it is using AJAX but see no javascript errors. Does not
explain when I can run this under a debugger, and all works fine.

--
Thanks in Advance...          http://weconsulting.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA http://ichbinquotations.weconsulting.org