[pmwiki-users] place of the cookbook links

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sat Jun 9 18:09:13 CDT 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 08:52:13PM +0200, Petko Yotov wrote:
> > 2. UTF-8, (include(scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php);) must be set before any
> > call to ResolvePageName(), which may be called by some recipe. Or else,
> > for other languages than English (accented characters, other alphabets)
> > it happens that PmWiki does not see the files.
>
> Correct again.  Anything that affects the way pages are located
> needs to occur even earlier than authuser.php.
>
> > 3. Internationalisations (calls to XLPage()) must come *after* UTF-8 was
> > set. Even if the xl-page contains the utf-8 locale.
>
> This shouldn't be the case -- if the XLPage contains the utf-8 locale
> then it shouldn't be necessary to load scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php as
> a separate step.

Hm, I was wrong, as I cannot reproduce a problem now, if I leave only
XLPage(). I was so sure, that I wrote it in the Cookbook, but now it works as
it should. Good.

I have however a reason to load xlpage-utf-8.php separately. The reason is
exactly because the Site/XLPage-fr or whatever page is editable by users with
enough privileges, and if one of these users inadvertantly breaks or removes
the line in that page, here we go back to (2.) above, and the whole site may
become unusable.

And, when the script was once loaded, it will not be loaded again the second
time by XLPage(), so, it doesn't hurt to do it.

Thanks,
Petko