[pmwiki-users] Flexible $DiffKeepDays [was: Urgent -- Memory size exausted - line 660]

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Jun 1 20:19:27 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 12:40:30PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'm not so sure it would make much of a difference.  What did you have
> $DiffKeepDays set to before the file "exploded"?  What would be the
> benefit of
>
>    "if any file grows beyond a certain size, apply $DiffKeepDays=180"
>
> versus simply
>
>    "apply $DiffKeepDays=180"

Because he doesn't want to lose the history for pages that have *not*
changed a lot.  If one has a blanket "$DiffKeepDays" value, say if one
had a $DiffKeepDays value of 50, then a page that was last changed two
months ago would lose all of its history.  The problem is that there
appears to be a mixture of some pages that are changing a lot, and other
pages that aren't.

Thus, what is wanted is some way of "trimming" the history only when the
history becomes unmanageable, and keeping it otherwise.

Kathryn Andersen