[pmwiki-users] moving PageLogoUrl

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:55:50 CDT 2007

On 7/26/07, Ian MacGregor <lists at imacgregor.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 26 July 2007 2:26:08 am Maria McKinley wrote:
> > Ah, and now I think I see how it is positioned in the css. I should
> > have stuck with the default skin until I had figured stuff out, as it
> > is much better commented than the skin I decided to play with.
> >
> > thanks,
> > maria
> You're welcome. And, for what it's worth, designing your own skins for pmwiki
> isn't hard at all. I have designed several for pmwiki and I only learned how
> to do that by experimenting with different skins. Which skin are you using?
> If it's one of mine, I can help you with it.

Another approach, which some skins use, is to move control of most of
this into the wiki itself.  Use your skin's .tmpl and .css files to
set characteristics of the logo/banner/header region (whatever you
call it), and assign a page or page names to populate that,

like
		<!--PageHeaderFmt-->
							<!--wiki:$Group.Banner Site.Banner-->
		<!--/PageHeaderFmt-->

and then in the page (Site.Banner, in this example) that populates the
area, use and configure an Attach:Site/logoimage.gif.