[pmwiki-users] Discussion link / talk link help

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 24 10:28:04 CDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Ian MacGregor <lists at imacgregor.com> wrote:
> This works great, thanks to Hagan for writing it up. My question is how can I
> get all $group.$name-Talk pages to go into a dedicated group (let's say
> the "Comments" group or "Talk" group) instead of the same group the original
> page is in?

Some questions:

1) What's the advantage of having comments in a different group?

2) How would PmWiki know what group a particular page resides in?  Put
another way, if there's a Talk.SomePage discussion page, how would
PmWiki know in which group contains the SomePage page?

3) What if there are two groups that have a page with the same name?
How can there be discussion pages for both GroupOne.SomePage and
GroupTwo.SomePage?

One answer might be to do Talk.{$Group}-{$Name}, but then how do you
resolve the difference between e.g. Bork-Bork.Bork and
Bork.Bork-Bork's talk pages?

Hagan