[pmwiki-users] color history

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Jan 28 12:22:36 CST 2007

mike reqavey said...

> I'd like to know if there is a skin that accentuates the
> changes made to a page. Perhaps adding color to more readily show
> different versions of the same page?  When I look at the history of a
> page I'd like to quickly see the changes, spelling, punctuation...  An
> example, in a paragraph, the author changes, a period to a question
> mark, end point punctuation. When I view the history of the page I'd
> like that change period/question mark accuentuated, perhaps by color ?

Interesting idea.

This isn't a skin-related issue, but one of the consequences of
action=diff. The handler for action=diff is, by default:

  SDV($HandleActions['diff'], 'HandleDiff');

(see pagerev.php).

Thus, we can change the results of action=diff by setting in config.php,
say:

  $HandleActions['diff'] = 'NewHandleDiff';

and writing the function NewHandleDiff(). In fact, the bulk of the work
is in PrintDiff(), which is somewhat more complex ;-)

Easily said, now all we need is someone to write the function.

--
Cheers,
Marc