[pmwiki-users] Background music - mp3 music download - FlashMediaPlayer

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Tue Jan 16 10:34:32 CST 2007

I wanted to let people have some music in the background while visiting my site.
I enabled http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FlashMediaPlayer and it
works fine as I put the markup in single pages.

I later tried and put the markup
(:jw_mp3-player Attach:myfile.mp3:)
into the page footer, with the hope it worked, but it did not.
Everytime I load a new page, the music stops.

How can I have a "stable" player, no matter which page is loaded?

----

In order to let people download music files I used
[[Attach:myfile.mp3/{$UpFile} | Download the file]]
just to discover that it does not download the mp3; it let the music
start, instead.

I know, from research on the net, that it has somehow to do with the
"mime type".
What I do not know, though, is the meaning of that, and how to handle
things: is there a way/markup that let the file be directly
downloadable?

Luigi