[pmwiki-users] Logins & Profiles & Harvesting Email Addresses

Shi Sherebrin pmwiki at share-a-brain.com
Sun Feb 25 10:49:41 CST 2007

Philip Yates wrote:
> I'm slowly getting my head around AuthUser and UserAuth.

sounds like you're not aware that you should use one or the other, but not both.
  I'd recommend AuthUser, since it's now 'standard'.

> Do I have to use UserAuth to force a user to register a name and a password
> prior to making an edit?

look up $EnablePostAuthorRequired.  you can set the access controls on each page
or group as you wish, to be as permissive or restrictive as you like.

would http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HtpasswdForm perhaps do what you want?

try http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EProtect