[pmwiki-users] Logins & Profiles & Harvesting Email Addresses

Philip Yates phil at philipyates.com
Sun Feb 25 10:25:30 CST 2007

I'm slowly getting my head around AuthUser and UserAuth.

Do I have to use UserAuth to force a user to register a name and a
password prior to making an edit?

Are there any scripts involving user profiles? How do I create a list of
users that shows on a profile page?

And here's a security question:  how do you ask for email addresses,
post them for users to see on a profile page, but prevent bots from
harvest the posted email addresses?   That sounds doable, but this one
is harder:  How do you protect mailto links in, say, an event notice
that you want everyone to see without logging in?

--
Philip Yates
515 High St.