[pmwiki-users] utf inclusion - odd behavior.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 12 09:14:01 CST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 04:43:44AM -0800, Seth Cherney wrote:
> I am trying to include utf-8 Greek letters, letters with diacritics,
> and diacritics only characters.  Using the cut and past method
> works fairly well.  However, the result is that, upon
> save, some of the characters are save in the format Χ
> others are just saved as the letter.

First I should note that the PmWiki core doesn't do any sort
of conversions like this -- it all takes place in the browser.
All PmWiki ever sees is the Χ form (and it dutifully
records it that way, assuming that the author intended it to
be that way.)

Still, we could probably come up with a $ROSPattern that would
automatically convert &#nnn; into their utf-8 counterpart --
would that work?

I've created a page on pmwiki.org where we can analyze this
a bit further -- could you add some text showing the problems
you're encountering there?

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/UTF-8/GreekDiacritics

Thanks,